Student of Online Teaching and Learning

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Another day in my 'classroom'. Today I was able to drop the kids off with my mom in order to allow for about 4 hours of supposed concentrated study time here at Atlanta Bread. Thank goodness for wi-fi. I will be honest in saying that I was very open to distractions including instant messaging (luckily I don't have too many friends that use AIM!) and music. Music might not count as a distraction as I think it helps block out some of the other distractions here in a public place. Music is quite a welcome distraction. I listened to some Rusted Root and Dark Star Orchestra. What a treat!

I do enjoy sitting in this environment to do my work. I believe I was productive. I read an article related to my group project and wrote my piece to contribute to the group. I posted that in our group discussion area. I am rather insecure, however, and hope that I 'did it right' and 'didn't leave out anything important'. I guess that's par for the course in a class. I really do love feedback. One thing I am learning is the importance of timely feedback. I am not as good as I would like to be with getting work back to my students in my face-to-face courses and imagine it is at least as hard to keep up with grading material for an online course.

Our instructor did give us a frame of reference for when we should expect our grades for our first assignment. I believe it is important to communicate such infrormation. I will be sure to learn from her lead (Thanks, Anne!).

In addition to the work on my group project, I managed to post the remaining required posts to date in the discussion boards. I am relieved as I feel like I am up to date.

Hopefully the group project will continue to move forward as my two group mates (who are great!) are in charge of synthesizing and editing the information from this point. I imagine I will still support them and read over the draft before it is submitted.

Well, off to meet the parents and my lovely little ones for dinner!

Goodbye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home