Student of Online Teaching and Learning

Sunday, July 22, 2007

This week, our team worked on solidifying our individual topics in order to confirm that our topics could blend well for our final project. In addition, we established a timeline to guide the group moving forward. This was quite helpful as I think we started to all feel a little stress in terms of seeing the big picture of the overall project. The timeline provided us with some clarity on individual and group tasks for the upcoming weeks. I see this as a crucial part of the team process as I am starting to see a common issue with regard to teamwork - that being that a lot of discussion occurs without a feeling of certainty regarding action. The timeline and task breakdown provides great clarity and assurance that the project will in fact move forward.

As for individual progress, I believe I have my title nailed down. I am going with "Sustaining online communities beyond course completion" . I am excited about the research, but am at that point where I feel overwhelmed because I haven't done too much tangible work yet. I have done some preliminary research, but have not actually determined what articles I will use as of yet. I have a lot of time to work on this project this week and will certainly be looking to stay focused!!! However, I do feel great about the fact that our group feels confident that our individual research will fit together nicely. This provides a good feeling about the individual contributions as a solid base for our group compilation.

So, I sit here late on Sunday night looking forward to a productive week of research and writing. I believe I will feel great when I provide an entry next week indicating that I have in fact turned in the mid term :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Datta Kaur said...

Steve,

Your post holds a good deal of wisdom related to teamwork - action is necessary, rapport development is important but can weaken the process if it is excession without goals and timelines.

So glad to hear about the organization of your team this week...as you said a 'stress reliever.'

I hear you related to prograstination - I always tell myself - if I just would have started earlier, I would have realized how simple it was, instead of remaining in 'mind overload' about the completion...on the same page there:).

Have a great week! ~ Datta Kaur

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home