Student of Online Teaching and Learning

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Aloha! This week felt like a bit of a discompression week. It is probably a natural sense of relief after submitting the final paper coupled with a degree of burnout as the course is well on its' way, not to mention the fact that I am still on vacation in beautiful Hawaii :)

I am pleased with our final paper, but it would have been nice to submit a somewhat more complete version as we had one portion of our paper incomplete. Regardless, I believe our final edits and submission will not be overwhelming at all.

As for the readings, I must confess that I will need to go back and really read the articles when I get a chance. I did not participate fully in this regard. Perhaps I will download the articles and save them for future reference. Again, this might have something to do with burnout and that relief of having submitted the final.

So, that's my story for this week. Life is good. Hawaii is beautiful and I am entirely grateful for the opportunity to be able to participate in my courses while here. One of the gifts of online education. As my family plans to spend a good portion of our summers here for years to come, I can only hope that I can be teaching some online courses during the summer so that I can be engaged in the process and making some money to offset the expense of our trips. What could be better than that!

Steve

1 Comments:

Blogger Amar Khalsa said...

Steve,

Yes it must have been wonderful being in Hawaii this summer. Glad that it all worked well for you ...I remember fondly the online teaching I did while traveling both islands of New Zealand for a month:).

Thanks for the post even though it was not a requirement this week. I enjoyed having you in the class.

Datta Kaur

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home